What causes eczema, which is generally thought to be caused by stress, in babies? What problem does your tiny baby have and got eczema?
Not with hearsay information; With scientific data, it causes eczema in babies, how does it pass? By the way, the most common type of eczema in babies is atopic dermatitis, do not be confused by the hood.
What is eczema?
- It is a skin condition that can be seen in all age groups. The most common type in infancy is atopic dermatitis, that is, allergic eczema.
- It is mostly seen in 2-3 month old babies and 4-5 month old babies who start feeding with solid foods.
- Eczema can also be seen in newborn babies. Usually, eczema occurs by the age of 5.
- In babies and children, complaints such as hay fever and penicillin sensitivity may follow eczema. Allergic ailments of children recovering from eczema may continue.
- Children with eczema or who had eczema as a baby are more likely to have asthma.
How to understand eczema in babies?
Baby eczema itself;
- It shows up with itchy, dry and scaly skin. These symptoms occur mostly on the cheeks, the skin around the elbows and knees, and can spread to the whole body.
- Transparent bubbles appear under the skin.
- Acne can bleed due to eczema, which causes crusting, rash and redness on the baby’s skin.
- Eczema is more common in babies who are fed cow’s milk instead of breast milk.
- In the meantime, there is a possibility that some allergenic foods such as dairy products, eggs, wheat, nuts that you consume pass into breast milk and cause allergies in babies. This is wrongly called “breast milk allergy”, but it is impossible for a baby to develop an allergy to the main food ingredient! At this point, it is also of great importance that you eat right. Once you identify what the baby is allergic to, you need to feed accordingly.
- Most of the time, eczema disappears when the baby grows up.
There were those who confused rash with eczema, so we heard
Another type of eczema: Seborrheic dermatitis
It occurs in the areas where the sebaceous glands are located, namely on the scalp (host) of babies, eyelashes and eyelids, external auditory canal, nostrils, groin and oily areas around the ear.
Seboeric eczema is not as itchy as atopic dermatitis (allergic eczema) in babies.
This problem is actually known as “host” among the people. Come on, let’s see what it is
Causes eczema in babies?
- Some foods, such as eggs and wheat, are among the foods that cause eczema.
- Materials / substances that irritate the skin such as animal hair, wool, and detergents also cause eczema in babies.
- For allergic babies, pets and house dust exacerbate eczema.
- Although rare, genetic factors are also thought to cause eczema in the baby.
- Eczema can also be triggered by stress and emotional events.
- If your baby is itchy, check their neck, scalp, face, hands, groin area, skin folds such as knees and elbows. Look carefully for any rash or rash.
- Cut nails short in case you scratch and irritate your skin. Itchy skin can become infected. Baby gloves are also a great help in this period, keep in mind.
Don’t be afraid: What is a hemangioma? Why Does It Happen? How Is It Treated?
- If you have just weaned your baby, feed your baby again until you go to the doctor.
- Take frequent baths (every day in summer, every other day in winter) but don’t use too much soap. When washing your baby, choose soaps without fragrances (those with neutral pH). You can add almond oil to your bath water to soothe your baby’s skin. All products you use in the bathroom should be hypoallergenic. These products moisturize your baby’s skin and prevent skin infections.
We answered your questions: Everything You Need to Know About Dental Health and Dental Care in Babies in 9 Questions!
- Not wiping your baby’s skin; Pat it dry with a soft towel.
- Wash your baby’s clothes with baby detergents that do not contain fragrances, deodorants and chemical dyes. If you are not sure about the content of the detergents, you can wash your clothes with soap powder. Instead of using softener, iron your clothes to soften them.
Here is the detail: 7 Reasons That Cause Dental Problems in Children!
- Make sure that any clothing that touches your skin is rinsed well.
- Dress your baby in clothes made of soft cotton. Synthetic fabrics and wool are the main enemies of baby eczema.
- Keep your baby away from conditions that trigger eczema, such as heat and low humidity. The temperature of the environment should be between 19-24 ° C and the humidity between 40-50%.
- Clean the genital area with water and / or water-containing wipes. Do not use special cleaning wipes.
- Make sure there is no dust, curtains and carpets where your baby is sleeping. Do not keep dust-holding items such as plush toys and feather pillows in your baby’s room.
- If your eczema is caused by an animal in your home — we know it’s very difficult, but — you may need to move the animal away.
- If you continue to breastfeed, continue breastfeeding until at least 2 years old. Thus, you can prevent your allergic reaction from getting worse.
How to treat allergic eczema in babies?
First of all, a food allergy test is done. This test can be done even at the age of 2-3 months. Thus, it is determined what the foods that cause eczema in the baby, that is, which foods your baby is allergic to.
The first thing to do for the treatment of eczema in babies is to identify the foods that cause allergies and to create a new nutrition program. Then, applying what you have to do above to care for your baby will be effective in your fight against eczema.
Learn more: Why Do Babies Vomit?
How should cream be used for eczema in babies?
You should apply eczema cream if your doctor recommends it. Atopic dermatitis baby products are not limited to eczema creams. Lotions, shampoos, moisturizers are also available. It is best to ask your doctor which eczema cream or product you should buy, along with the ingredients.
In the case of atopic dermatitis in babies, applying moisturizing creams to the lesioned areas does not provide a definitive solution, although it relieves eczema. However, applying moisturizer to your baby’s skin after each bath is a must for allergic eczema treatment.
Is there a herbal treatment for eczema in babies?
For atopic dermatitis, there are suggestions such as apple cider vinegar and dry white mulberry cure. However, you should learn the exact information from your doctor that these applications will not harm your baby’s skin. For example, you may need to use apple cider vinegar to be completely natural, so you may not use what you bought from the market.